Sunday, March 17, 2019

Group Meeting Day Was a Success!

     Our our teacher had us meet with four other classmates, each from a different project, and dialogue over our projects to get feedback from current work as well as help each other with ideas. It was very interesting to see how differently each person is taking on this project, and the amount of work that my classmates are putting in. When it came time to speak on my project, I shared that I needed some ideas on was on how to incorporate the techniques we've learned in class to establish the main character's duality but also his authority. My classmates were very helpful, advising me to take advantage of low angle shots, as well as make sure the attire of my character matches the traits I want to portray and go with the motif in my genre of the mob boss wearing a nice black suit. These subtle, but key tactics would help me establish my character's traits.
Image result for marlon brando the godfather
     This image is from the iconic movie The Godfather, with the Godfather being shown in this picture. Through certain techniques, this image speaks volumes. It uses a slight low angle shot; low enough to where the Godfather would be looking down at the camera. Furthermore, he is wearing a suit with black as the predominant color. The color as well as the suit itself establish not only his wealth, but his power and the need to take him seriously.

Furthermore, I also spoke about my troubles with deciding exactly on what dialogue to use with my dinner scene. Here, they said that a very small amount of cliche dialogue will not hurt, as long as it is overall original and not something that has been heard many times. They also advised that having little dialogue may even be more engaging for the audience, as it does not spoon feed them and requires attention to what is going on in the film to grab hold of the message I am attempting to send. I will most likely spend one whole day creating a large storyboard, and laying out where I will include dialogue to have a better idea of the direction I need to go. I am going to be watching dinner scenes in a few movies to get a better understanding of what to do and what not to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment