Thursday, March 21, 2019

Gangster Films and Setting

One crucial aspect of my film opening that I've decided on is location. Before I get into where I'll be filming, I'm going to explain my thought process and exactly how I came to the decision of where I will film.

Gangster films normally take place in urban areas. A good example of this is in the movie The Godfather. It has three major locations: New York City, Las Vegas, and Sicily. Although the Sicily location isn't urban, it is not where the gang activity occurs. Instead, it is where Michael Corleone goes into hiding.

     Another iconic gangster movie that takes place in an urban setting is American Gangster. It takes place in New York and New Jersey, with a large portion of it taking place in Harlem, New York.

     My film opening will start in the suburbs since it is where the mob boss lives. Then, the film opening will transition to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment