Wednesday, March 20, 2019

How Shots Make a Scene

     One thing I know will be crucial to my film and portraying the intended message are camera shots and angles. Camera shots and angles are used to establish a character's role in relation to other characters, as well as their own mood. For example, when trying to establish a character's power and authority, one would use a low camera angle. This is because it puts the character higher than the audience and, in some instances, higher than other characters. This is one technique that I plan on using, as the main character in my film is a powerful mob boss. Because I will be establishing that he leads a double life, I will only incorporate this angle in scenes where he is acting mob boss; as opposed to scenes where he is with his family. 
     As you can see, using camera shots and angles in the right scenes and using the right techniques will be pivotal to the development of my film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment