Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Camera Equipment

     Although it may not be super important, I want my film opening to have the feel of something professionally produced. In movies, it is almost as if you forget that you're looking through a camera because of the stability of the movements and the precision of the shots. However, professional film makers use equipment worth tens of thousands of dollars and have experienced cameramen and production crews that work meticulously to make every camera movement and shot seem flawless. In order for my film to come as close to that as possible, I'm looking into lenses for my phone as well as stabilizers to expand the possibilities of shots and camera movements that I can incorporate. I'm doing this before my actual storyboard because the equipment I'll have available to me will influence what shots and camera angles I can actually incorporate. Obviously I do not have a budget of thousands of dollars, so when it comes to gimbals and camera holders, I will be going with DIY alternatives. I was looking up some DIY guides for a gimbal, and found this one:
     This diy works for best for me. Not only is it a cheap alternative to an actual gimbal, but I have all the tools necessary to make it. Once I actually construct it, I'll show you guys a few comparison videos with and without the gimbal, and decide if it is any good. Based on the results in the video, I think it's definitely worth a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment