Saturday, March 16, 2019

Things to Consider

As the time for filming nears, there are many things still left to consider...

     I've got to decide on what location to use for my film. In mob family movies, the main setting is always a large city. Luckily, I live in South Florida where Miami is just a short drive away. I am planning on filming at night due to the nature of my character, and the double life that he leads. Basically, he is a family man by day, and a cold-blooded killer by night. Filming at night will be essential to establishing the duality of my main character. Luckily, the city isn't too dark at night so the filming won't be so poor.

     I've yet to plan dialogue for my film opening. This is honestly the hardest part for me. In the very beginning of my scene, my main character is having dinner with his family. After brief conversation, the dinner scene ends and he is seen putting his child(ren) to bed. I have to brainstorm dialogue because it will be a challenge not to make this scene very cliche. When I think of what to have my main character say, what comes to mind is "how was your day honey," and although it works, I feel as though the writing should be more creative and engaging.

Furthermore, to establish the authority of my character, he'll walk out of his home and into a large black SUV. I've decided to use this large black SUV because in modern films and TV series, the mob or gang leader tends to be in a large black SUV getting chauffeured. This will serve to establish that my character is someone of power, authority, and wealth. Luckily, one of my friends is letting me borrow their black Chevrolet Suburban, exactly like the one below, which will be perfect.
Image result for 2008 chevy suburban black


No comments:

Post a Comment